Sunday, May 2, 2010

Quick-Fix for Chipping Nail Polish

So I got this adorable pink Essie nail polish the other day. I've been wearing it for about a week, and now the edges are starting to chip. Instead of repainting them, (ugh), I decided to find an easier and lazier solution.


Behold, a new artsy twist on the french manicure!

I just grabbed some purple nail polish and painted it on the ends of my nails. I used short, choppy, uneven strokes to give it a jagged, multidimensional edge. Any girls out there who have a hard time painting a straight line on your nails? This is the look for you. Besides, we're in a stage where it's popular to wear your underwear over your clothes. I think the world is ready for this look.
There are a couple important keys to this look, or else it'll just look like a bad attempt at a rigid french manicure.
First, make sure you chose a color that isn't too similar to the one you already have on. Contrast is a very important key in this look. In fact, I believe the more contrast, the better.

Secondly, you want to make sure that each stroke is a different length. You want to have clear, distinct brush strokes, or else it will just look like a sloppy blob.

Well, there you have it! A quick, easy way to update your chipping nail polish. Just watch, I'll bet this look will catch on when people realize how much time it saves, and how awesome it looks!
Oh, and these are my nail polishes:


The pink is  "Cast Away" by Essie
The purple is "Dream On" by Sinful Colors Professionals
I love nail polish color names, don't you? Who gets that job?
♥Emily

4 comments:

  1. Emily,

    I was stalking your wedding photos on Facebook and I discovered your blog.

    LOVE IT! Keep the posts coming!

    xo
    -Mary Katherine from all those French classes

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this nail polish look it so cute i think i am going to try it sometime soon ! especially since my manicure has already started to chip... oh well i guess thats what i get for working at safeway 2 hours after getting my nails done haha ! great blog looking forward to new posts ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Em! This is an awesome look. I'm always on the lookout for new stuff to do with my nail polish. Definitely trying it. Have you tried that thing where you paint the moons of your nails one color and the rest another? I'm obsessed. It's super easy and looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julia,

    I saw your cool nails when we were in Colorado. I'll definitely have to give that look a try!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts